• Leave the bandage that you received after the tattoo for 2-6 (no more than 8) hours. This bandage is there to keep airborne bacteria & other contaminants in the environment from invading the wound.
• Remove the bandage and wash your tattoo (using clean hands) with Dial antibacterial soap and warm water.
• DO NOT RE-BANDAGE YOUR TATTOO!
• Wait 24-48 hours after removing your bandage to begin applying white unscented hand lotion twice a day. (Do not apply lotion more than three times per day.)
FOR THE NEXT 7-14 DAYS YOUR TATTOO WILL PEEL, FLAKE AND SCAB LIGHTLY. DO NOT PICK YOUR TATTOO!
FIVE THINGS TO AVOID:
1. ADVICE: Your friends do not tattoo for a living. If you have any questions please call us.
2. SOAKING: Normal showers are permitted but DO NOT SOAK THE TATTOO! Avoid pools, spas, Jacuzzi or hot tubs, the beach and baths until the tattoo is healed.
3. SUN: Avoid the sun completely until your tattoo is healed. Afterward always use sunblock when your tattoo is exposed.
4. OINTMENT: DO NOT USE lotions with aloe, A&D ointment, Vaseline, Bacitracin, Micatracin, Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment. (Any scent & dye free hand lotion or cocoa butter is sufficient)
5. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE IS: DO NOT LET ANYONE TOUCH YOUR TATTOO! Contact with others puts you at risk for infection.